Friday, June 22, 2018

Creative Playtime Turned Useful

Hello!  It is Friday and I have had some fun just playing around lately with a few of my newest goodies.  In particular, with stencils.  I have used them on a few project on here as of late and I still can't get enough.  Today's card actually came about by experimenting with a mix of mediums and my Studio Katia Mandala Stencil.  This stencil is very intricate and needs to be kept very still so as not to get a blurry look rather than the design of the stencil itself.  

When I first started playing with the stencil I used Distress Oxide inks, but used a bit too heavy of a hand and the design lost it's look.  Since I was already playing around with it I decided to add a few spritz of a purple and gold Prima Marketing Color bloom Sprays.  While I knew I wasn't going to use this as the panel for my card I kept looking at the colors on the opposite side of the stencil and couldn't bare them going to waste.  So I grabbed a panel of watercolor cardstock and simply rubbed it over this side of the stencil, and was pleasantly surprised!



Isn't it gorgeous?!  And the shine in person is just so much better!  Since the panel turned out so beautifully I didn't want to cover much of it up so I went with a stamped and embossed sentiment from the Studio Katia You're So Ranunculus stamp set.  I then added some metallic string behind it and finished it off with a mix of crystals and rhinestones.  To help the panel edge stand out against a white cardbase so I went over the edges with black ink.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope to see how you use your stencils over in our Facebook group, and maybe join in our challenges too!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa


Supplies Used:

       

2 comments:

  1. This turned out so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this card is beyond gorgeous! Glad you didn't scrap it because it turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete